Do you want to be rich? You’re in the right place! Unpacking the real deal about money, from being half a million in debt to living a life of freedom as eight-figure earners, Bret and I owe it all to knowledge. This blog dives into my top 10 must-read books on financial literacy, money mindset, and investing.
These life-altering principles not only transformed our world but also helped us build successful brands and blessed us with priceless experiences. Money isn’t just about the cash; it’s about relationships, happiness, and loving life to the fullest!
Ready for the transformation? Keep reading, and don’t forget to check out the resources at the end for my entire book list.
Ignite Change with Prosperity Consciousness by Fredric Lehrman
Tired of the typical “get-rich-quick” schemes? Start by shifting your perception of wealth with Fredric Lehrman’s audio program, Prosperity Consciousness. This diamond in the rough from the ’90s helped me change my scarcity mindset into one of abundance. Consider this your first class in transforming how you see and attract money. Trust me, give it a listen every year—it’s a game changer!
Discover Timeless Principles in The Psychology of Money
If you’re fascinated by the ‘why’ behind money, The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel is a must-read. This book aligns well with the teachings of Prosperity Consciousness but takes it to another level by focusing on high-quality investments and removing emotions from investment decisions. It’s like an advanced course in money psychology, and you won’t want to skip it.
The Wealth-Building Lessons from Rich Dad Poor Dad
Haven’t read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki yet? What are you waiting for? This book lays down the foundational principles of wealth-building. It teaches you to understand the difference between assets and liabilities while highlighting the power of skills and outsourcing. This isn’t just another financial book; it’s a playbook for wealth creation.
Break the Work Mold with The 4-Hour Workweek
When I first heard about The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss, I thought it was all hype. But trust me, it’s not about working less; it’s about working smarter. This book revolutionized my approach to work by showing the importance of delegation and leveraging people to create passive income streams. For real, this book redefines conventional wisdom about work and life.
Elevate Your Financial Literacy with Women & Money
Debt is a trap that anyone can fall into. But when I was deep in it, Women & Money by Suze Orman gave me the financial literacy to climb out. The book connected the dots between self-worth and understanding money, covering the basics of debt management and financial independence. A must-read for anyone, especially women looking to control their financial destiny.
Achieve Financial Security with I Will Teach You To Be Rich
Tired of books that preach without offering real solutions? I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi provides practical, step-by-step guidance on how to manage and save money effectively. I love Ramit’s straightforward style that turns financial jargon into actionable advice. Highly recommended!
Think “Who Not How” to Amplify Success
Are you an entrepreneur or a side hustler? Who Not How by Dan Sullivan will change your thinking from “how can I do this” to “who can help me do this?” It’s a mental switch that propels you from being a doer to a leader, and it’s game-changing for business growth.
Enter the Millionaire Fastlane for Rapid Wealth Accumulation
Fed up with the 9-5 grind? The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco outlines three distinct paths to wealth and helps you choose the fast lane. This isn’t your ordinary finance book; it’s a comprehensive guide to accelerating your journey to financial freedom.
Make Smart Investments with The Intelligent Investor
If you’re looking to invest, The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham is the bible of investing. This book doesn’t promise quick riches but teaches you the principles of long-term, defensive investment strategies. It’s the kind of wisdom that pays dividends—literally and metaphorically!
Focus on Quality with Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits
Rounding off my top 10 is Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits by Philip Fisher. This book is a masterclass in choosing high-quality, long-term investments. Forget get-rich-quick; this is about building sustainable wealth through educated choices.
Ready to Transform Your Money Game?
Which of these books stands out to you? Let me know which book you’re diving into first in the comments!
Changing your money mindset is the critical first step to living a life rich in freedom and abundance. Want to keep going?
- Listen to episode #1026 of The Chalene Show here Or, watch on YouTube
- Get the first 4 months of Audible for only $5.95 a month: audible.com/chalene
So, which of these books is your next read?
All the book links are affiliate links, so I earn from qualifying purchases. Check them out below:
- “Prosperity Consciousness” by Fredric Lehrman – This is only on Audible
- “The Psychology of Money” by Morgan Housel
- “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki
- “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill
- “The 4-Hour Workweek” by Timothy Ferriss
- “Women & Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny” by Suze Orman
- “The Millionaire Next Door” by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko
- “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David Schwartz
- “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind” by T. Harv Eker
- “You Are a Bad Ass at Making Money” by Jen Sincero
- “I Will Teach You to Be Rich” by Ramit Sethi
- “The Millionaire Fastlane” by MJ DeMarco
- “Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork” by Dan Sullivan and Dr. Benjamin Hardy
- “Mind Over Money: The Psychology of Money and How to Use It Better” by Claudia Hammond
- “The Millionaire Mind” by Thomas J. Stanley
- “Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits” by Philip Fisher
- “The Warren Buffett Way” by Robert G. Hagstrom
- “The Intelligent Investor” by Benjamin Graham – The Bible
- “The Little Book of Common Sense Investing” by John C. Bogle
- “Money: Master the Game” by Tony Robbins
- Cashflow Quadrant by Robert T. Kiyosaki