Emotional intimacy deepens all types of relationships, but not all relationships will be emotionally intimate — nor should we expect that. Today, I share what is needed to improve emotional intimacy — in ANY kind of close relationship — but remember… it takes two to tango.
You’ll find out:
- What is emotional intimacy
- Can you have emotional intimacy with someone who’s wounded?
- When Bret and I started to feel emotional intimacy (and why)
- Why emotional intimacy is based on authenticity and can’t be faked
- Signs you’re emotionally disconnected
- Why/how emotional intimacy requires vulnerability
- Examples from my marriage before we were emotionally intimate
- A personal anecdote with a friend, including past confrontation and how emotional intimacy played a role in the relationship surviving
- Why proximity is integral to emotional intimacy
- Why it’s so important to get on the same schedule as your partner
- Why nothing feels quite like emotional intimacy
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you are considering therapy check out drmcayla.com
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #749 – When Your Partner Isn’t Into Personal Growth
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com