Today, I explain — with data backed by science — why I think strength training is — by far — the most superior type of exercise. And yet, 1) we’ve been brainwashed into doing it the wrong way (which is why many people don’t see results) and 2) people still prioritize cardiovascular fitness.
Get ready to learn how strength training will transform your physique!
You’ll find out:
- How I’ve changed my body/mind through strength training
- 3 big things I had to change to get results through strength training
- The principles of strength training
- What is the SAID principle
- Why strength training doesn’t bulk you up
- How to change your body composition
- Why metabolism slows down
- My current workout routine
- Why we have to change our mindset around high impact cardio
- The pillars of health
- Why I hate the word toning
- What is the overload principle
- The #1 mistake people make when lifting weights
- How many days a week you should be strength training
- Basic principles of rest and recovery (after strength training)
- Thoughts on training variation (and how I implement)
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Chalene’s Strength Training YouTube Video
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow