If your space looks cluttered, that’s likely a reflection of your current mental state — as a chaotic environment can increase stress, anxiety and depression.
Which is why, every January, I typically do a series of episodes dedicated to decluttering. This year, though, I’ll tackle the topic in a far more condensed way.
Today, I’ll walk you through the 5 stages of decluttering your home! I’ll also provide tips to help ensure this process becomes a habit / system — so your environment will continue to bring you a sense of peace and calmness.
Be sure to Download the Declutter workbook for FREE go to chalene.com/Declutter
You’ll find out:
- Why this particular episode is so personal and urgent
- Research re: clutter
- Why/how decluttering isn’t about getting rid of everything
- The importance planning and scheduling play in decluttering (and how)
- How mindset and your history factor into your clutter habit
- The biggest mistake people make when it comes to decluttering
- Mantras I recommend, like: Do It Now, Some is Better than None
- What is a reset hour
- What is one in, two out?
- Why we tend to hold onto things
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
OMGYES is the interactive online experience where you discover more ways to feel good — from groundbreaking research on women’s pleasure. Go to OMGYES.com/CHALENE for a special discount!
Check out Bret’s ALL NEW Course Money Matters 101 at Chalene.com/moneymatters
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #937 – How To Become More Disciplined This Year