If your space looks cluttered, that’s likely a reflection of your current mental state — as a chaotic environment can increase stress, anxiety and depression.
Which is why, every January, I typically do a series of episodes dedicated to decluttering. This year, though, I’ll tackle the topic in a far more condensed way.
Today, I’ll walk you through the 5 stages of decluttering your home! I’ll also provide tips to help ensure this process becomes a habit / system — so your environment will continue to bring you a sense of peace and calmness.
Be sure to Download the Declutter workbook for FREE go to chalene.com/Declutter
You’ll find out:
- Why this particular episode is so personal and urgent
- Research re: clutter
- Why/how decluttering isn’t about getting rid of everything
- The importance planning and scheduling play in decluttering (and how)
- How mindset and your history factor into your clutter habit
- The biggest mistake people make when it comes to decluttering
- Mantras I recommend, like: Do It Now, Some is Better than None
- What is a reset hour
- What is one in, two out?
- Why we tend to hold onto things
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
OMGYES is the interactive online experience where you discover more ways to feel good — from groundbreaking research on women’s pleasure. Go to OMGYES.com/CHALENE for a special discount!
Check out Bret’s ALL NEW Course Money Matters 101 at Chalene.com/moneymatters
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #937 – How To Become More Disciplined This Year