Imagine all of your friends invited to a party except for you. No matter how confident you are, it would still (most likely) be an uncomfortable and painful feeling. In today’s episode, I share tips on dealing with rejection and, also, strategies to improve mindset and behaviors.
You’ll find out:
- Memories of my own childhood (and my daughter’s) where rejection played a role
- Why rejection is rarely personal
- Why you must assume the best in others (i.e., intentions)
- Why people might be taking cues from YOU that you actually don’t want to be included (and my own personal anecdote re: this scenario)
- Why it’s imperative to understand the impression you might be giving off to others
- How to start being included
- The least effective thing you can do when dealing with rejection
- How to handle situations where you do feel being excluded was an oversight
- What to focus on when feeling left out (i.e., what really matters)
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #787 – My Plan To Be 1% Happier
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org