Today, I discuss how body image impacts our personality, decisions, opportunities and — most damaging of all — our children’s perceptions of their bodies. Learn how your conscious and subconscious thoughts might actually be keeping you overweight, unhealthy and unhappy. You’ll hear tactical / practical steps to improve the way you feel about your appearance which, in turn, affects the way people respond to you. I also provide tips on how to handle relationships with those who make you feel worse and whether or not you should consider cosmetic interventions.
You’ll also find out:
- The day of the year the greatest amount of people search “I hate my body” online
- How most Americans tend to describe their ideal perfect body
- Pondering on what “muscular” looks like
- Why each have our own subjective and objective idea of what’s attractive
- One of the easiest ways to change the way people view you
- Those who are at the greatest risk of dying from COVID-19
- When to consider cosmetic surgery
- When you shouldn’t accept what you look like
- The right question to ask yourself re: your health and body weight
- The #1 thing to do if you want people to respond to you in a different way
- Why changing what you are on the outside has little to do with how people perceive you
- My suggestion on what you should do before an event where you know you’ll be hard on yourself
- What makes you attractive in other people’s eyes
- Who often has the most negative body image issues
- Why traumas, in general, are a very common reason many struggle with loving themselves
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #445 – Do You Have to Love Your Body?
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com