Both Instagram and TikTok have their strengths and weaknesses. They also each, individually, top each other in certain areas. Today, we’ll focus on which platform is ultimately best for growing your business.
TikTok or Instagram for Business?
Instagram has always beat TikTok when it comes to direct messages.
- People DM more on Instagram than they do on TikTok
- TikTok has built-in message settings that need to be adjusted
- Direct messaging on TikTok can be cumbersome and isn’t that intuitive, really
But on Instagram, it’s so easy! One example being:
You can watch someone’s Story, tap that little reply button at the bottom and boom you’ve started a DM conversation!
Not to mention, Instagram has said that one of their focuses of 2022 is making direct messaging on the platform even:
- more central
- easier to use
How will they do this?
They’ll add (to their DMs) better filtering, categorization and tagging, etc.
Now, all of that leads me to say that doing business and making sales is, in my opinion, easier on Instagram!
And this is precisely why Instagram has has the leg up in business — at least right now.
Don’t get me wrong, though. There are plenty of people who are making millions of dollars over on TikTok, and it can be really great for virality.
All that said, selling really takes place, at least with the modern consumer, in the DMs. This is because of:
- trusted one-on-one conversations
- having that real connection or relationship with your customer
And all of that is just easier to establish over on Instagram!
For much more related to this topic, like:
- The content on both apps
- Which app has the better algorithm
- Content-based algorithm vs social-based algorithm
- An interesting study done on TikTok (testing the algorithm)
- Trends on TikTok vs trends on Instagram
- Which app wins in simplicity
- Editing on TikTok vs Instagram
- Why there’s something for everyone on Instagram
- Different types of diversity on Instagram
- Why follower count carries less weight on TikTok than Instagram
- How to double your chances of virality
- Why you want to take advantage of BOTH platforms
Then, definitely check out this episode of Build Your Tribe:
And don’t forget to subscribe to BYT for weekly episodes that are sure to take your social media game to crazy new levels!